Saturday, August 12, 2017

My Tattoo & Reviewing Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

                As I mentioned in my last blog, I began re-reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon earlier this year. Please find my review of this book below.

Voyager (Outlander, #3)Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

AMAZING! All I can say is PRINT SHOP! Okay, I can say more. A LOT more! I devoured this book. I couldn't wait to pick up this book and read it after having finished book two in the series, "Dragonfly in Amber." This book is all I hoped it to be and more, but I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from author Diana Gabaldon.

At the end of the last book we learned that Jamie did not die at Culloden. This book starts with the mental anguish of Claire Fraser trying to decide what to do now that Frank Randall has died and Brianna is a grown woman and Jamie Fraser survived Culloden. Of course, in this book, we really get to know the amazing Roger.

This book takes you on an unexpected high-adventure tale leaving you someplace you never thought the main characters would go: the colonies. Even more than the physical journey is the mental journey. One of the best lines of the book, "Sassenach, will ye take me - and risk the man that I am, for the sake of the man ye knew?”, is one that made me pause and reflect on even my own marriage, because the truth is, people change over time. Some people grow apart over the years. Some people grow old together. Some people grow old apart and then find they still love one another. I think this is what Claire and Jamie experience.

I love this book! I love this series! I love the characters. I love the way Diana Gabaldon creates such amazing stories for us to experience. The way she writes keeps you on the edge of your seat. You can feel what the characters are feeling. You are excited for what the next page and book will bring.


This is my favorite series of all time. So much so, it earned the front and center position on my tattoo by artist Inkie based off a bunch of different thoughts and images and things I found on Pinterest.

Book Tattoo





Do you have a favorite series or book tattoo? If so, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviewing The Canonical Order by T.R. Kurtz

I've been reading books, although, not at the rate I was in past years. Life is extremely busy for me, and I've been devoting my mor...